Here at Angie Capri Photography, we have been loud and proud about being inclusive and LGBTQ friendly. We don’t discriminate!! We believe in documenting weddings and other important events without prejudice because we simply believe in love (damn it!!)…
Shockingly AND unfortunately, LGBTQ couples do still run into challenges (yes, even in the San Francisco Bay Area of all places – I know, it’s crazy) while searching for wedding vendors and venues who are LGBTQ friendly, and those who continually offer a warm, welcoming, fun and friendly experience.
This is why we’re compiling a list for our clients to make the wedding planning process as easy and as painless as possible (so they don’t feel like they need to “come out” to every vendor at every inquiry) while also giving these LGBTQ Friendly businesses the opportunity to identify themselves so that we can all support inclusive collaborators and partners!!
How to submit: E-mail us the following information by October 1, 2015 (of course we’ll continue to grow our list, so it’s never too late to submit. Once we have a substantial amount of new additions and as our schedule allows, we will gladly send an updated list to all participants):
- Name of venue/vendor:
- Name of best contact person:
- Best contact information (website, address, phone, e-mail):
(Specifically vendors and venues in San Francisco, Napa, Sonoma, Mendocino County, Palo Alto, Los Gatos and in general across California: Monterey, Lake Tahoe, Los Angeles, San Diego)
October 15, 2015 update: A huge THANK YOU to all of the ladies who have connected us with amazing participants thus far:
- Chanda Monique Daniels of A Monique Affair
- Stephanie Hibbert of Chef Stephanie
- Renée Flores of Mariée Weddings
- Sarah Warner of Warner’s Whole Heart Events
- Shana Astrachan of Fox & Doll Makeup and Hair
- By submitting your information and/or the information of those you are referring, you’re confirming you and they are interested in having their information added to our group referral list and to be included as a participant. If you are unsure, please contact them to confirm before submitting their information.
- If your information has been added in error please contact us to request it’s removal, we will do so as soon as our schedule allows.
- We will try our best to personally reach out to each participant – by e-mail or phone, an in person meeting, and/or touring their venue when ever possible, although this is not guaranteed.
- Joining this list is open to the public, meaning anyone can submit their business information and become a participant. We have included our own referrals (those we have met and/or worked with previously) but we have not met or worked with every participant on the list. Whether we have met/worked with them or not, we take no responsibility for anyone’s behaviors or your experience with them in any capacity whatsoever.
- Because some information included in this list may be personal and not intended for public use (such as but not limited to cell phone numbers and e-mails) as a participant you agree to keep this list among those who are included as participants on the list and their referrals or clients. You also agree not to share this publicly in order to avoid spamming etc.
- As a participant, you agree to conduct your own independent research (as are we) to guarantee each participant is the right fit for your clients before referring anyone.
- Clients who are given this list also agree to conduct their own independent research to guarantee any participant is the right fit for them.
- As the creators of this list we reserve the right to remove any participant at any time per our discretion should we receive sufficient negative feedback and evidence about them from other participants or from clients, including but not limited to:
- Spamming other participants or clients with an excessive amount of unwanted advertising, promotions, e-mails, etc.
- Acting in such a way that is not in alignment with the “LGBTQ Friendly-ness” and spirit of this list
- Not providing the highest quality of customer service and maintaining the highest level of professionalism with participants and clients
Cheers to happy networking, community building and taking a stand for what’s right :)
Thank you everyone!